Imagine a career where every day, you get to see towering roller coasters above you, hear screams of delight from thrill seekers young and old, and where you get to smell delicious Funnel Cakes being feshly made. For those who work year-round at Michigan's Adventure, they don't have to imagine this at all - it's just a typical day at work!
More than just a world-class amusement park, Michigan's Adventure is a great place to start or grow your career. Michigan's Adventure is owned and operated by Cedar Fair Entertainment Company (NYSE: FUN), who operates eleven amusement parks, two outdoor waterparks, and five hotels across the US & Canada. Everyday our associates make it their mission to ensure our guests have the best day of the year when they visit Michigan's Adventure. In doing so, we cultivate a work environment where our associates are having fun as well.
Group Sales Representative
PRIMARY PURPOSE: Reporting to the Director of Marketing, the Sales Representative is responsible for developing, managing, and increasing sales within an assigned geographic territory or business segment. This position is expected to meet or exceed specific attendance and revenue goals as prescribed by the Corporate Sales Incentive Plan by spending a minimum of 50% of work time soliciting sales at customers’ and potential customers’ places of business. Remaining work time shall be devoted to furthering individual sales efforts through exceptional customer service and follow-through
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develops, manages, and sells to new and existing accounts within assigned geographic territory or business segment through in-person sales and service calls.
- Manages territory/segment by spending a minimum of 50% of time soliciting sales at customers’ or potential customers’ places of business.
- Performs other work that furthers individual outside sales efforts including, for example, follow-up communication via telephone and written materials, planning and preparing for outside sales calls, preparing and analyzing sales reports, preparing proposals and other individual marketing and sales materials, providing tours of event and park facilities, and ensuring full account support to all clients with regard to marketing and on site coordination of events and activities, etc.
- Recommends new or different programs to meet the needs of each client including new catering options, ticket programs, or other revenue streams to meet the wishes of the client.
- Adheres to all park policies and procedures, including attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Sales Management or a related field, or equivalent of combined education and experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years related experience in theme park, hospitality, entertainment or travel industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work in an independent environment with minimum supervision and deliver against set goals.
- Strong time and project management skills and experience.
- Advanced written and oral communication skills, experience in public presentations, superior spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Ability to work nights and weekends as required by business and account demands.
- Proficient in basic business software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and comfortable with learning new software and CRM applications.
Interested applicants should email resume along with salary history to email@example.com or fax to 231-766-3804. Resumes may also be mailed to the Michigan’s Adventure Group Sales Office, 4750 Whitehall Road, Muskegon, MI 49445.
An Equal Opportunity Employer