We want to encourage you to dress like our favorite blockhead and join us at the park sporting Charlie Brown’s signature bright yellow shirt, featuring the recognizable zig-zag pattern. Those who dress up as Charlie Brown and visit the park for Charlie Brown Day on May 23, 2020 will receive admission for only $25 at the ticket booths!
If you don’t already have a wardrobe like Charlie Brown, don’t fret. We have step-by-step instructions to help you make your own Charlie Brown costume.
What you'll need:
- Newspaper or old tablecloth
- A yellow t-shirt
- A piece of cardboard
- Black or dark brown fabric paint
- Foam paint brush
- A ruler (not required but suggested)
1. Cover your work area with newspaper or an old tablecloth.
2. Lay your yellow t-shirt flat across the floor or a table. If the shirt is wrinkly, it may be best to iron it before moving on.
3. Next, slip a (preferably thick) piece of carboard inside the shirt, that way no paint seeps through to the back.
4. Open the fabric paint and use the edge of the foam paint brush to form a horizontal zig-zagged line about 2/3 of the way down the shirt.
Then, paint another zigzagged line several inches below the first one. If you have a ruler, you can use it to help make your lines straight and keep your spacing consistent.
5. Once your lines are complete, use the foam brush to paint the space between the two zig-zag lines.
6. Let the shirt dry. If you'd like the zigzag pattern to extend all the way around, repeat steps 2-4 for the back of the shirt. Then, pair the shirt with your brown or black shorts, yellow socks and brown shoes. There you have it – you will look just like Charlie Brown!
Of course, if you own a Charlie Brown t-shirt, you are already part way there.
Want to really get into the spirit of the day? Join all of your fellow blockheads at the Tipping Canoe in Camp Snoopy at 1:00pm for a group photo that we will use on our social media accounts! We hope to see you at Michigan’s Adventure on May 23, 2020.