Everyone needs a dream. A reason to shoot for the stars. But in order to reach your dream, you have to train. Likewise, before future roller coaster enthusiasts drop from unheard-of heights at mind-bending speeds here at Michigan’s Adventure, they need to train on a starter ride like our Big Dipper. With kid-friendly hills, speeds of up to six miles per hour, and some righteous downward banks and sharp turns, Big Dipper is solid training for young thrill seekers wanting to get their feet wet in the roller coaster world. As riders are taken for an exciting adventure, they’ll earn their stripes for when they’re ready to move onto the bigger, faster and more adventurous coasters. Here’s a fun idea for parents: take a photo of your coaster-enthusiast-in-training on the Big Dipper and save for comparing with photos of your experienced rider in the future!
Height Requirement: 42" minimum, or 36" and accompanied by a supervising companion
Ride Safety Information
- This is a junior steel roller coaster with mild drops, bumps, and turns. The lift hill is 16 feet high and has a drop of 12 feet and will reach speeds of 9 miles per hour
- Maximum weight is 340 lb. per bench.
- A shared lap bar and seatbelt secures all riders in the row across the thighs and pelvis.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Riders must have a minimum of three functioning extremities to participate.
- Guests with a cervical collar, back brace, broken collar bone, full or braced arm cast are not permitted on the ride.
- Access is available through the entrance.
- To facilitate boarding, a transfer device is available upon request. Guests must be able to transfer on their own, or with the assistance of a companion.
- Do not use the ride restraints for entering and exiting as they will shift.
- Warning: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.