Have you ever experienced the Corkscrew? No? Do we have a crazy surprise for you! This mind-bending roller coaster holds a valued place of honor as the first coaster built at Michigan’s Adventure. Throughout the ages, it has drawn and impressed roller-coaster enthusiasts from all over the world as one of the best corkscrew-coaster-riding experiences available anywhere. As you leave the gate, the speed increases and intensity swells. Then, before you can think a second thought, you’re propelled into one thrilling, chilling inversion and then another – whirling through mid-air in the shape of a corkscrew – reaching dizzying speeds of up to 45 miles per hour. Just as you feel like you can’t scream any more, the pace slows a bit and you’re back at the gate, seemingly back to normal. But, as experienced Corkscrew riders know, after riding this behemoth, you’re never truly “normal” again.
Height Requirement: 48" minimum
Ride Safety Information
- A high speed looping roller coaster that turns riders upside-down twice. Riders will experience weightlessness and rapid movements from side to side.
- A shoulder harness with a between-the-legs safety belt secures each rider over the head and across the chest.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Riders must have a minimum of two functioning extremities; one functioning arm and one functioning leg. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of one functioning arm and one functioning leg if the guest is able to form a saddle posture with leg remnants sufficient to brace self-upright in the seat.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full or braced arm casts, or full leg casts are not permitted to ride.
- Alternate access is available via the elevator, located near the exit of the ride. Guests will operate the elevator on their own.
- Riders will have to transfer into the seat on their own or with the assistance of a companion. A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out of a wheelchair and into the ride unit.
- Please do not use the ride restraints for support while entering and exiting as they will shift.
- Warning: This ride utilizes magnetic systems.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.