Imagine you are a Viking. You are among the brave, adventurous raiders and traders sailing the northern European seas. Your home is a large ship subject to the whims of Mother Nature – scathing winds and gnarly waves toss it up, down and all around. Plus, you’re stuck with lots of other Vikings for long stretches of time. Certainly a life for only the most courageous and fearless.
Our replica Viking ship, Sea Dragon, doesn’t need a sail and isn’t dependent on the wind and waves, but its passengers need the same courage and fortitude as the Vikings had. This vessel swings back and forth in a pendulum motion, gaining speed and altitude with each cycle. Eventually it reaches the peak of its ascent and pauses for a split, breathless second, suspending you when you’re completely parallel to the ground. The wild swinging continues until gravity runs its course and you’re on safe shores again.
Height Requirement: 48" minimum, or accompanied by a supervising companion. No hand-held infants.
Ride Safety Information
- A swing boat ride that produces a feeling of weightlessness.
- Maximum weight is 680 lb. per row.
- A shared lap bar secures all riders in the row across the thighs and pelvis.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a cervical collar, neck brace, braced arm cast, are not permitted to ride. Full leg cast must fit safely in the ride unit in order to ride.
- Alternate access is available via the main entrance. Riders will have to take several steps, on their own or with the assistance of a companion and be capable of stepping up and into the seat. Please use caution, as the ride unit may shift when entering and exiting.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.