RIDE MORE. WAIT LESS. SPEED PAST THE LINES WITH FAST LANE!
At a half-mile out and a half-mile back in just two minutes and 30 seconds, Shivering Timbers is a solid mile of pure adrenaline, excitement and fun! The signature ride at Michigan’s Adventure, this classic wooden roller coaster holds the record as the longest and fastest in the state. After hopping into a seat and strapping in, you climb, climb, climb to a dizzying height of 125 feet and then plunge down a whopping 122 feet at a 55-degree angle, leaving your stomach far behind you. During the remainder of the thrill-fest, you’ll reach a top speed of 65 miles per hour and face a wild array of gravity-defying lifts and hair-raising turns – not to mention an abundance of air time. If you love riding Shivering Timbers during the day, try it at night because it will deliver a totally new and thrilling experience.
Height Requirement: 48" minimum
- 2 Minutes 30 Seconds
- 65 MPH
- 125 Feet
Ride Safety Information
- A wooden roller coaster with a combination of high speed banked turns and airtime humps.
- An individual lap bar and seatbelt are designed to hold guests in the ride by securing across the thighs and pelvis.
- Due to the nature of the restraint, this ride may not accommodate guests of a larger size.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities. Two functioning arms are sufficient instead of three functioning extremities if the guest has a normal center of gravity and lower extremities are sufficiently strong to maintain proper riding posture under the dynamic conditions of the ride. Amputations must be at the knee or below.
- Guests with a Cervical collar, neck brace, broken collar bone, full arm cast, braced arm casts or full leg casts are not permitted.
- Alternate access is available at the ride exit. Riders will have to transfer into the seat, on their own or with the assistance of a companion. A transfer device is available upon request which may assist a rider out of a wheelchair and into the ride unit. Please do not use the ride restraints for entering and exiting as they will shift.
- Warning: This ride contains strobe lighting.
- Warning: This ride utilizes magnetic systems.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.