Take your best friends and family, add a bendy tunnel, a ginormous funnel, loads of screams and laughter, and what do you get? The Funnel of Fear at Michigan’s Adventure’s WildWater Adventure! After you hop onto a raft with up to three other crazy fear-seekers, you’ll be jettisoned down a completely enclosed (and therefore, completely creepy) tunnel. Not satisfied that this is plenty enough of a kooky experience in itself, the ride continues, spitting your raft into a larger-than-life, colorful funnel of – you guessed it – pure fear. Completely out control by this point (but were you ever in control on this ride?) your raft goes spinning and twirling up, down and all around the funnel. You’ll scream one moment and laugh the next until finally gravity takes hold and you end up in a mild-mannered pool of water. Funnel of Fear is one of the most beloved (and feared) attractions at Michigan’s Adventure.
Height requirement: 48” in bare feet minimum
Rider Safety Information
- Min Height
- Cloverleaf tubes take riders twisting and turning into complete darkness before dropping vertically into a funnel, finally ending in a 36 inch splash pool
- Maximum weight is 700 lb. per tube.
- Guests must be seated in the tube with feet in the middle, facing forward, sitting up straight, and holding on to both handles. Minimum two riders; maximum four riders.
- Guests must have a minimum of three functioning extremities; two functioning arms and one functioning leg. Full arm casts, braced arm casts, full leg casts, cervical collars or neck braces, or broken collar bones are not permitted.
- A red light/green light scale is used at this attraction. Guests who exceed the weight requirements will not be permitted to ride.
- Access to the attraction requires climbing several flights of stairs with a tube. Guests will have to ascend the slide tower and be capable of safely entering the tube, on their own or with the assistance of a companion. Please use caution when entering and exiting as the tube may shift. The tube and surrounding area may also be slippery.
- Visit our Guest Assistance Guide for additional Accessibility information.