Michigan’s Adventure Waterpark to Open July 16 to Passholders, July 17 to Public
July 8, 2020 Update
Reservations required to help manage capacity, new hygiene protocols to be observed. Daily ticket reservations to begin July 8.
Muskegon, MI – WildWater Adventure waterpark at Michigan’s Adventure is set to open the 2020 season on July 16 with stringent health, safety and hygiene protocols in place to protect its guests and associates. The waterpark will initially open to Season Passholders exclusively, on July 16. The waterpark will be open to the public on July 17. Daily ticket sales to begin on July 8. Reservations will be required for all guests.
“The safety of our guests and associates has always been and will always be our top priority, and we want them to feel confident that they can enjoy our waterpark in a manner that’s both safe and fun,” said Camille Jourden-Mark, Vice President and General Manager at Michigan’s Adventure and WildWater Adventure. “Our new health and safety protocols align with CDC recommendations and have been shaped by information from company and industry health and safety experts, along with our state and local government officials. We are ready to welcome our guests back for some family fun.”
Video and detailed information has been added on Michigan’s Adventure’s website and mobile app that outlines the new protocols to ensure a safe and clean environment, which include:
- A new online reservation system; each guest is required to have a reservation prior to their visit to enable capacity management;
- A requirement to complete a pre-visit health screening declaration 24 hours prior to admission;
- A touchless temperature screening prior to entering the facility for both guests and associates;
- Requirements for all guests, associates and vendors to wear masks as directed by the protocols
- Social distancing markers throughout the entrance and waterpark, including water attraction queue lines;
- Limited guest/associate contact;
- Enhanced cleaning procedures, including additional deep cleaning and sanitization of restrooms, dining facilities and other busy areas;
- Additional hand sanitizing stations; and
- Capacity management throughout the park.
The park will initially open to Season Passholders exclusively, with limited capacity and operating hours. At this time, planned operating days are scheduled for Thursdays-Sundays. Michigan’s Adventure will be sending emails to Passholders, inviting them to begin making reservations. All guests are asked to download Michigan’s Adventure’s free mobile app to make a reservation and facilitate their park visit. 2020 Season Passes have been extended through 2021. Amusement park attractions at Michigan’s Adventure’s will not be open this summer. Guests will only experience WildWater Adventure waterpark at Michigan’s Adventure during their visit.
General Frequently Asked Questions
What are your cleanliness and sanitization standards and procedures?
Cedar Fair's highest priority is always the safety of our guests and associates. We continue to implement preventive measures as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as our own health and hygiene protocols. All our parks and resorts have high standards of cleanliness, which assists with illness prevention. We employ rigorous sanitation standards and robust cleaning procedures, including:
- Extensive and ongoing training for associates on maintaining a safe and hygienic workplace and environment for our guests;
- Specified intervals for frequent sanitization of targeted areas throughout the day;
- Numerous and accessible handwashing facilities and hand sanitizer locations;
- Quick response to spills, trash and other situations;
- Daily and frequent sanitation procedures for restrooms, kitchens, dining surfaces, benches and trash cans;
- Daily and frequent cleaning and "wash down" of outdoor locations, including walkways and queue lines
The leadership team is communicating with our associates about illness prevention; this includes guidance issued by the CDC. The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help stop the spread of germs. The CDC provides more detailed coronavirus information on its website at www.cdc.gov.
As always, we maintain close relationships with local, state, national and international public health authorities. We take their guidance when additional preventive measures are deemed necessary.
Season Pass Frequently Asked Questions
How does the closure impact my 2020 Season Pass and 2020 Season Pass Add-Ons (if applicable)?
2020 Season Passes and 2020 Season Pass Add-Ons (if applicable) Valid Through the 2021 Season
- 2020 Season Passes and purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products (if applicable) will be valid for the remainder of 2020 when the park opens. Additionally, 2020 Season Passes and Platinum Season Passes (as well as purchased 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products) will be extended through the 2021 Season, according to your pass type.
What do I need to do to get my season pass extended?
Your payments must be in good standing for the Season Pass to be extended through 2021.
No other action is required from you.
Do I qualify for the 2021 extension if I bought after 4/14/20?
Yes – all 2020 Season Passholders who are in good standing will have their Season Pass and Season Pass Add-ons (if applicable) extended into 2021, regardless of when the purchase was made.
What does “according to your pass type” mean?
- The benefits and entitlements will be the same in 2021 as they are in 2020.
- 2020 Platinum Passes will be valid at all Cedar Fair parks through the 2021 Season.
When does my Season Pass account need to be in good standing in order to qualify for the 2021 extension offer?
- All payments must be current by the time the park opens in 2021 in order for your pass to be extended through 2021.
- If any attempted payment fails, all Season Passes and Season Pass Add-Ons on that order will be deactivated until the payment is made in the online Payment Portal.
When does my 2020 Season Pass Expire?
All 2020 Season Passes and purchased Season Pass Add-ons will be valid for the remainder of the 2020 season, plus the entire 2021 Season.
How can I upgrade my Season Pass or purchase add-ons?
When the park is open, Season Passes can be upgraded at the park for the 2021 season; Season Passes cannot be upgraded online. If you have a 2020 Season Pass, you can currently purchase 2021 Season Pass Add-ons such as All Season Dining and Drinks online that will be valid for the 2021 season.
What will happen if I signed up for the Auto-Renewal program online when I purchased my Season Pass?
The Season Pass Auto-Renewal program will not be in effect for the 2021 Season. Your 2020 Season Pass will not auto-renew to a 2021 Season Pass this September because your 2020 Season Pass and Add-Ons will be extended through the 2021 Season. No action is required of you at this time.
When will my Easy Pay payments resume?
Monthly Easy Pay payments resumed on 7/8/20. Now that billing has resumed, you will be billed the normal monthly amount for however many months remain to finish paying your full balance due.
Payments will continue to occur on the same date of the month as in previous months. You can log into the Payment Portal online with your order number and the email address you used during the initial purchase to confirm the upcoming payment dates and amounts.
As long as you remain current on attempted payments, your Season Pass and associated Season Pass Add-Ons will remain active.
If you’d prefer to make a single catch-up payment, you can log into the Payment Portal and select “Make a Payment” in the portal to pay all the payments that have been missed. Or, you can pay the full balance at any time.